Emerald green Harekeke resin earrings handmade to pay homage to our native New Zealand flax bush.
- Not too small or too big and lite weight so it doesn't pull down on the lobes
- A noticeable wearing size of 25 mm x 25 mm
- Wearable 3-dimensional NZ artwork on sterling silver hooks.
- Used in raranga, the weaving of kete and whāriki mats. Muka or whītau is the prized fibre extracted from the leaf to create traditional kākahu cloaks-taonga handed down through generations of New Zealand whanau.
- Designed as a little reminder that harekeke represents the passing on of cultural knowledge from a beautiful plant that our early ancestors discovered as highly useful in so many ways.