Sing to Me Matariki Huia Necklace
is back-ordered. We will ship it separately in 10 to 15 days.
- ← Previous Product Next Product →
Tania Tupu's handwoven Huia Necklace of the extinct Huia bird sadly silenced before our generation could hear their song.
- Made for Matariki July 2020 welcome the Maori New Year with this new member of the Tupu collection.
- Wearable handcrafted 3-dimensional Huia bead woven together with double-sided silk ribbon and finished with an adjustable toggle.
- A feather of a huia was given as a token of friendship and respect and worn by high ranking chiefs symbolizing leadership and mana.
- The most sacred bird of all of Tane's children, graceful, vulnerable and socially quiet, a bird that bonded in pairs for life.
- Matariki duck blue star cluster bead teamed with Huia mustard disc.